Installation Guide - KingdomOBM
Windows 95 - Please download and install Windows Socket 2 Update for Windows 95 (w95ws2setup.exe)
Windows NT / 2000 / XP / 2003 - Please make sure you have logged onto Windows using an account with administrative privileges
Download a client that matches your computer system.
Kingdom Online Backup Manager - (All Versions of Windows 32bit and 64bit
Kingdom Online Backup Manager - Mac OS X
Kingdom Online Backup Manager - Netware
Kingdom Online Backup Manager - Unix/Linix
1. Download one of the setup files above and run it
2. Follow the instructions on the installation wizard to complete installation
3. When finished, a new icon (KingdomOBM) will be installed to the system tray (near the clock) automatically and KingdomOBM will be launched automatically.
4. (optional) The backup server host name should already appear in the [Address] field if not enter backup1.kgdm.com and press the [Next] button.
5. If you don't have a backup account, select [Trial Registration] and press the [Next] button
A. Enter the [Login Name] and [Password] of your choice
B. Enter your [Email address] in the text field provided
C. Press the [Submit] button
D. You should now be logged onto the backup server already (if the [Login Name] of your choice is already taken by another user, try a different login name)
6. If you have a backup account already, select [User Logon] and logon to the server with your existing username and password. 7. If this is the first time you logon to the server, you will be guided to setup a backup set
Enter a backup set name of your choice in the [Name] field
Select the files that you want to backup
Setup the backup schedule by pressing the [Properties] button (please note that you can add multiple backup schedules to a backup set)
Setup the encryption setting for your backup set (if you don't know much about encryption, just accept the default values here)
Press the [Finish] button
Scheduled backup will run automatically if you leave your computer on.
8. To run a backup immediately, select your backup set from the left panel and press the [Start Backup] button above. Select [Off-site Backup Server] and press the [OK] button.
|Kingdom Communications * PO Box 325 Troy, Ohio 45373